Tuesday 15 October 2013

Book Review - I Am Cute Dress


  Photo from Amazon

Synopsis

 I Am Cute Dresses offers 25 adorable sewn dress designs that are deceivingly simple to make and fun to wear. Start sewing simple and adorable dresses that you'll love to wear. Sato Watanabe has designed each dress to maximize simplicity and style, offering charm without complicated alterations or difficult tailoring. There's no need for patterns with I Am Cute Dresses. Each of the 25 designs is created by following a construction layout with the measurements provided. No complicated pattern pieces and cutting instructions. Every one of these easy, loose, and effortless dresses is created from basic, one-size fits-most shapes that are designed to be flattering on everyone. Any custom alterations you choose to make are made easy just by adding in your one of your own body measurements to the garment layout. Height adjustments are also made easy by simply raising or dropping your hemline. I Am Cute Dresses will have you spending less time fussing over the fit and more time enjoying your new sewn dress.

                                                                                                                                       

Chapter 1 - I Am Pleats and Petals
Chapter 2 - I Am Very V Neck
Chapter 3 - I Am Mandarin Empire
Chapter 4 - I Am Barley Ruffled
Chapter 5 - I Am Peekaboo Sleeves
Chapter 6 - I Am Hello Halter
Chapter 7 - I Am Simply Stand Up
Chapter 8 - I Am Baby Bateau
Chapter 9 - I Am Sassy Sundress
Chapter 10 - I Am Twice As Nice
Chapter 11 - I Am Tiny Tucks
Chapter 12 - I Am Raglan to Riches
Chapter 13 - I Am All The Trimmings
Chapter 14 - I Am All Wrapped Up
Chapter 15 - I Am Dainty Drops
Chapter 16 - I Am Cue Contrast
Chapter 17 - I Am Sweetly Tied
Chapter 18 - I Am Tripled Tier
Chapter 19 - I Am Jumper for Joy
Chapter 20 - I Am So Buttoned Down
Chapter 21 - I Am Shift into Tunic
Chapter 22 - I Am Magical Insets
Chapter 23 - I Am Kimono Cut
Chapter 24 - I Am box Pleated Wonder
Chapter 25 - I Am Satin Doll

In each section there are instructions and details on how to create each item.
The patterns are one size fits all, 35-36 inch bust and up to 39 inch hips.
The instructions are well drawn and the photography is excellent.
I Am Cute Dress is available from Amazon


Disclosure: I buy sewing books from on-line shops with my own money, I am not being paid for writing this review. All my reviews are honest and on things that I genuinely love and would recommend to my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...